Monday, November 2, 2009

The Great Race!

For last couple of weeks my computing class used a program called Etoys on Sugar OS.

We got given some activities to do, my favourite activity is "The Great Race", which was the last activity I done.

Our aim was to race four cars and make sure they stayed on their own track. So we used Etoys, it lets you create/modify scripts to allow your objects to do certain things, like go forward, turn, bounce, etc.

So the script I used to move the cars were:
*Top half of picture is to start and the bottom is to stop the cars


These are the scripts the start and stop had to follow


and the script I used to reset the cars were:



and here is a picture of my track and cars



click picture for full size

I think that Etoys is pretty confusing to use, but I guess it's because you can do so many things with it. I had a great time making this race.

No comments:

Post a Comment